What You Need for Your Ice Machine Installation
The purpose of our pre-installation is to provide you with the list of requirements we need to start your hassle-free ice machine installation. Our technicians perform a thorough site survey to ensure your location qualifies for an Ice Masters Subscription.
If you need more detailed information about the equipment we provide, go to the Our Equipment section. All the dimensions and specs of our commercial ice machine equipment are available for you to share with your contractor.
The “DEWS” of Ice Machine Installation
This list provides you with all the “Do’s” you need to install an ice machine on your premises. Why do we spell it DEWS? Well, because DEWS stands for:
If you can answer yes to these for criteria, the site survey should go smoothly, and we can get your ice machine installed quickly.
- Floor Drain
- Ice machine drain must be within 6 ft of the machine
- Must allow for a ¼ inch drop for every foot of ice machine drain pipe
- Doesn’t present a tripping hazard
- For 110V machines, a 20-amp dedicated circuit
- For 220V machines, the majority require 20 amp, some 30 amp
- 220V systems are designed for use with 4-wire system (i.e., dedicated neutral)
- Water line capable of delivering 5 gallons per minute with a dedicated shutoff valve within 6 feet of the machine
- Machines below 1300 lbs require 3/8-inch supply line
- Machines at or above 1300 lbs require a ½ inch supply line
- Maintain room temperature between 45- and 95-degrees Fahrenheit
- Allow enough space around the machine to prevent hot air from getting trapped (normally 1 ft of space on ALL sides of the machine but can increase or decrease based on machine type and environmental conditions)